The main scientific activities of the Institute are:
- resolving of problems in the mechanics of precision systems;
- system analysis and synthesis of human-machine-environment structures;
- technical means of testing, diagnostics and metrology in precision mechanics.
Special attention is to be paid to:
- problems of critical situations in human machine systems, precision mechanics and control;
- accuracy of dynamic systems of precision mechanics with micro- and nanomechanical, as well as fiber-optical structures for aerospace engineering and shipbuilding;
- optical methods for measuring and diagnosing the parameters of objects in the micron, submicron and nanometer ranges;
- creating new-generation instruments based on nanoscale carbon-containing structures.
Over its 22 years of the Institute existence, our researchers have defended more than 10 doctoral and 23 candidate dissertations.