The Optical Society (OSA) publishes high-quality, peer-reviewed articles in its portfolio of journals, which serve the full breadth of the optics and photonics community.
Biomedical Optics Express (BOEx) is OSA’s principal outlet for serving the biomedical optics community with peer-reviewed papers related to optics, photonics and optical imaging in biomedicine. BOEx offers rapid time-to-publication, an interactive online interface and open access.
The journal’s scope encompasses fundamental research, technology development, biomedical studies and clinical applications. BOEx focuses on the leading edge topics in the field, including:
- Tissue optics and spectroscopy
- Novel microscopies
- Optical coherence tomography
- Diffuse and fluorescence tomography
- Photoacoustic and multimodal imaging
- Molecular imaging and therapies
- Nanophotonic biosensing
- Optical biophysics/photobiology
- Microfluidic optical devices
- Vision research
BOEx considers original research articles, feature issue contributions, invited reviews, and comments on published articles.